What is Akshaya Tritiya and Its Significance in Hindu Culture?
Hindu religion can be best defined as a set of beliefs and traditions that enroot in a deep sea of scientific facts and phenomena that were observed by some brilliant souls millions of years ago. Every single month, day, moment holds its own importance that cannot be overlooked considering the constant churning of universal cycles. The high stature of ‘Akshaya Tritiya’ among all Indian tithis (Indian days) presents a perfect example of how Hindu traditions emphasize on making the best of every moment. ‘Akshaya’ is a Sanskrit term which means imperishable – something that wouldn’t destruct with time and will remain forever. ‘Tritiya’, on the other hand, is again a Sanskrit term used to denote the third day in lunar cycle.
Akshaya Tritiya falls on 3rd day of after new moon in the month of Vaishakh. The reason why it is considered to be so auspicious is the belief that a year of human life stands equal to one day of Devtas (celestial beings). The month of Vaishakh is considered as their morning when they wake up with all new energies ready to bless every new beginning with positive sanctions that come under their realization. The waxing of Moon during this period marks rise of new strength that wouldn’t diminish for a long time. It is also the day when both luminaries – Sun and Moon – attain maximum brightness showering unusual charm to any and everything that comes under their affect.
The Celestial (Devic) nuance of Akshaya Tritiya makes it highly suitable for four types of activities:
- Yajanam – the propitious act of offering auspicious things to divine powers.
- Yaajanam – allowing others to make new beginnings, for e.g. marriage, inauguration, home-coming, etc.
- Dhaanam – donating useful things to the needy and poor.
- Pratigraham – acquisition of new property and assets including gold, silver, land, house, etc.
The scriptures also say that any of the above mentioned four acts performed on this day will have ‘sahtragunabalm” which means 1000 times stronger effect than regular one. If you donate 1gm of Gold on this day, it will return to you as 1000gms, so is for food, clothes, and other items. Similarly, acquisitions or investments made on this day automatically get associated with 1000 fold returns in future.
The history of Hindu religion is full of numerous events that took place on Akshaya Tritiya and that turned out to be highly felicitous for all. The most primary one was that the lord of universal wealth and property – Lord Kuber – took this position on the very day of Akshaya Tritiya (one of the major reasons why this day holds such grand importance for KUBERBOX). There are several other such anecdotes that prove the propitious nature of this day, the major ones are as follows:
- Parashuram, who reclaimed land from ocean, was born on this particular day.
- The goddess of all food and grains, Maa Annapoorna, was born in this day.
- River Ganges that bestows a wide part of our nation with green prosperity and wealth, came to earth on this very day.
- Sudama, the poor friend of Lord Krishna, met him on this very day after which his complete life changed as he was blessed with abundant luxuries and riches.
Why Buying Gold Is So Auspicious On This Particular Day?
The next question that naturally seeps into mind is why do people usually go only for gold and not other stuff? The reason why Hindu culture gives supreme importance to this yellow metal is because the purity it attains after evolving through fire. Fire symbolises the most undiluted and brightest forms of energy that purges everything that comes under its influence. In our culture, sacred things symbolise prosperity and good fortune which is why gold gets preference over all other acquisitions and assets. It is equally noteworthy that gold has always been preferably gifted to ladies on all important occasions as their birth right. The logic that runs behind this is that ladies in previous eras were less educated and more prone to be tricked by other half of society. If she had some gold in her hand, she could always use it as her insurance under unkind circumstances and save her family. It is she and only she who hold the right to wear, trade, accumulate, and possess gold for safety of her loved ones.
The Religious Aspect of Akshaya Tritiya
The fruits borne on Akshaya Tritiya are considered eternal which keeps multiplying with time. It is customary to worship lord Vishnu, the preserver, on this particular day. Lord Vishnu stands to preserve every venture, be it personal quest or business, and fulfil it with desired results. He is also the better half of Maa Lakshmi, the supreme goddess of affluence and wealth in all forms. She is the main power that drives Vishnu to fulfil his tasks and therefore holds central position in every single thing he does. She resides only where her husband stays and gets due respect. Therefore, it is a must to worship lord Vishnu in case you wish to seek blessings of mother Lakshmi.
Akshaya Trithiya 2018 Jewellery Offer
Following the tradition of having our biggest sale event of the year during the auspicious Akshaya Tritiya, we are now out with this year’s offers. This year the Akshaya Tritiya Festival is on the 18th April 2018. Our biggest sale starts from 31st March 2018 and will be live till 22nd April 2018. The sale will happen on our website, our Amazon and Flipkart store included. We have the steepest possible discounts on all the products. One can avail discounts of up to 35% Flat, with other tiers at 30%, 25%, and so on till 5%.
Akshaya Trithiya 2017 Jewellery Offer
The date for Akka Teej this year is on 28th April. Akshaya Trithiya is always a special occasion for us here at KuberBox. This is the day that many shoppers ardently wait for, through out the year. They keep their jewellery selections in their wishlist throughout the year, so that they can login today to the site and purchase their chosen gold jewellery. Therefore, it becomes our duty to offer the best for such loyal customers. Keeping the same spirit, we have added 400 new designs to the collection and have introduced two new collections called MEENAmalistic & Earring Jacket Collection. Additionally we have extended the offer on all our jewellery and currently the jewellery is available for as much as 30% discounted rates.
Previous year Akshaya Tritiya offers are provided below –
Akshaya Tritiya 2016 Jewellery Offer
This year, in 2016, the auspicious Akshaya Tritiya falls on 9th May 2016 because the 3rd day of new moon in the month of Vaisakh falls on 9th May.
Jewellery Offers For Akshaya Tritiya 2016
KuberBox has planned a mighty 20% Flat Discount on all jewellery above Rs.6999 across the site. The offer can be availed online on www.kuberbox.com by using the coupon code GOLD20
How to avail the Akshaya Tritiya Offer?
- Visit http://www.kuberbox.com
- Browse for the items the you wish to purchase.
- Click “Buy Now” on the desired product. The product gets added to the cart and you are shown the cart on your screen.
- If all items added to the cart are priced Rs.6999 or more, submit coupon code “GOLD20”
- Each item on your cart must be Rs.6999 or more and if there are items on your cart that don’t meat this criteria, the discounts will not be applied on those items.
- In case the coupon code is not valid, try again and recheck if you have followed the procedure. Refer to “Good To Know” section on this page to get more detailed info. Alternatively, you can reach out to us through LIVE CHAT or by calling on +91-8764443300 or by emailing us at email@example.com
- Once your cart reflects the discount, click on “CHECKOUT” or “Pay WIth Amazon” if you wish to place the order through your existing Amazon account.
- Provide your email address, create your account if you wish to and process to the next step.
- Input your address, gift message and then finally select your payment method.
- Proceed and complete the payment.
- Expect to receive an order confirmation call and then soon your precious purchase would be delivered safely to your doorstep.
- This offer is valid from 26th April 2016 (8:00AM) to 12th May (11:55PM).
Good To Know
- The Akshaya Tritiya offer can be utilized by all our existing shoppers, as well as new shoppers.
- Each coupon code can be used only twice through per email id.
- This offer is not valid on product non-studded plain gold jewellery.
- This offer is not valid on plain gold jewellery, solitaires, gold chains, customized orders, Silver coins & Gold coins.
- If you are placing order via COD, our customer delight team will try to reach you on your contact details as registered with us. Only on complete verification would the order be confirmed and executed.
- The offer is subject to be terminated/extended without any notice.
- The terms of the offer is subject to be modified/edited/expanded without any notice.
- All disputes subject to Jaipur jurisdiction.
- Please refer to website terms & conditions for further information.
How We Make This Day Special For You?
For all those who seek blessings of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Kuber on this day, KuberBox presents a special series of pocket friendly offers for all our online customers. We are offering a FLAT discount of 11% on all orders below Rs.18000 while those exceeding the amount receive a FLAT off of 21%. Along with we also bring you a specially crafted selection of classic pendants, fashion pendants, drop earrings, casual gold earrings, diamond rings, engagement rings, religious pendants, and several other unique products. So, without losing any more time hop on to the best deal today and logon to our website.The Golden Implication of Akshaya Tritiya by Sourav